Monday, October 13, 2008

Don't love me baby, I'm cheating on you


Don’t love me baby, I’m cheating on you
I know it’s sad but it is the melancholy truth
Why must we go on like this?
Pretending like we are both living in a state of bliss
When in fact it is just one soul linked to mine
But mine is tainted with mud and brine
I cannot forgive myself for what I am about to do
For what I am about to lose; for what will happen to you.

In my own way I know I am not wrong
It’s just that my heart has begun to sing a different song
You held me in your hands the night before last
As I looked in your eyes, the thought in my mind flashed
Am I worth all this love; am I worth all this effort?
Am I worth all of this or is there something out there better?
No, pay careful attention to these words of mine
Take them as a warning or take them as a sign

My feelings for you I know they haven’t changed
But try as I may I know my feelings are deranged
I made this decision for good, better, best
But now I realize it doesn’t lie in your interest
How selfish I have been; how self-centred and obsessed
I captivated your heart, your mind, and left you possessed
But now I aim on leaving you bereft and subdued
Lost and defeated and hurt and bruised.

The time for us is slowly fading out
I’ll be gone before you know it; in the silence of dawn
I plan not on bidding you my last farewell
I plan on just leaving; I’m going to rot in hell.

Don’t love me baby, I’m cheating on you
I hope you can find a happier path to pursue.

[Note to the general audience - The sketches that I have posted are not my own works of art. These have just been randomly selected to suit my poems. The artists remain unknown to me. To whomsoever they may be - I salute you!]

No comments: